This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure for further information.
It’s natural to have periods when we’re feeling down and uninspired. The good news is you can always pull yourself out of that mood. I’ve compiled a list of 8 ideas to help you have a completely inspired day, or even with regular implementation a truly inspired life.
1. Start your day with prayer. Praise God and thank Him for all of your blessings and you will start your day from the position of gratitude. From there “…whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God”. 1 Corinthians 10:31. Don’t forget to pray for others.
2. I would be remiss if I didn’t include my morning go-tos. For me, coffee is a morning must-have. I just love the flavor when it has one packet of Truvia and hazelnut creamer. Have breakfast, which is the most important meal of the day. I usually have a cereal bar.
3. Write out your to-do list. There’s nothing more fulfilling than being able to check off completed tasks. What about finding joy in the actual tasks? Keeping a smile on your face whether you’re doing dishes or finishing a project will bless others as well as yourself.
4. Think about how your actions and attitudes affect those around you. If you’re grumpy, you will negatively affect others. If there is something you’re burdened over? Let it go. Ask God for help. Is there someone you need to forgive or that you need to apologize to? Today is the day to make things right. Not only will you feel better, so will they.
5. Who can you help today? Giving of yourself is one of the best gifts you can give. Make a phone call or send a card. Yes, I mean something handwritten. It’s much more meaningful when you write it out.
6. How can you grow today? What can you learn? How can you push beyond your limits? We’re always Googling things. Having our cell phones at our fingertips enables us to have never-ending resources with us at all times. In my quest to learn all about blogging, social media marketing, and promotion, I am reading all day long. I love working my brain so much that my eyes hurt at the end of the day. The internet is great but even better, go to a bookstore and get some inspiration there.
7. Do you have goals? Whether it’s staying on your diet for the day or working toward building your business, I believe goals are important. I am a huge goal setter, I always have been. In fact, I’m working on some really great goals that I cannot wait to share with you very soon. Another idea for your goals is to create a vision board. Find pictures and ideas that allow you to visualize the direction you want to go. Cut them out, paste them on a board and hang it where you’ll see it regularly to get that dose of inspiration that you need.
8. Read some inspirational quotes or blogs. For the list of my 20 most favorites motivational quotes check out Wendy’s favorite motivational quotes I hope you find the rest of my blog inspirational as well. However, I’m not the only inspirational blogger. Use Google for searches. I love Google! It will take you anywhere you want to go.
So you see, coming out of a funk is as simple as taking that first step in a positive direction. How good will you feel after you have prayed, ate, written your goals and your to-do list, helped and forgiven others, pushed yourself out of your comfort zone and finished the day with my very favorite treat, a double caramel Magnum ice cream bar? It doesn’t get much better than that. Go get inspired!
If you enjoyed this post, won’t you subscribe for regular updates? All new subscribers receive my 5-day ecourse, the Daily Dose of Inspiration. To view testimonials, and to sign up, visit One Exceptional Life.