This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure for further information.
What a great experience I have had learning to blog. Although I have only been blogging a little more than one month, you can imagine my surprise when I saw a notification in a Twitter post from Becca at Onederfully Created that she nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
In my research, I have determined that this award is given by bloggers to new bloggers who inspire creativity and positivity within the blogging community. This is a wonderful blessing and it’s very encouraging to me that I’m heading in the right direction with my blog. Thank you Becca, for thinking of me.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My Questions from Onederfully Created:
1. If you were a kitchen appliance, which one would you be and why? I think I would be my double wall oven. I would love to be able to produce such things as chocolate chip cookies, meatloaf and a turkey. I selected a double oven because that way I can make dinner and dessert at the same time. 😉
2. Where do you find your inspiration and encouragement? My inspiration comes from my family. They have always been there for me. They have held my hand through thick and thin and with my new adventure as a blogger, they are my biggest cheerleaders.
3. Favorite Netflix show? I haven’t been watching a lot of television lately. However the last Netflix series I watched was Gilmore Girls. I loved the relationship between mom and daughter.
4. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced while blogging? My biggest challenge has been growing my blog following. However, every day I’m learning and implementing new skills.
5. Who do you look up to more than anyone? I look up to my Savior Jesus Christ. He is the perfect example and teaches us the correct way to live.
6. I know this is a stereotypical question, but really… if you had three wishes, what would you wish for? My first wish is that my children would marry someone that treats them and behaves the way their father treats me. My second wish is to win Publishers Clearing House. I always, always, always enter and it would be really cool to see them drive up in my yard and present me with that big check, all those pretty flowers and balloons. My third wish is to see my blog become super successful so that I can encourage millions of people. My goal is to inspire others, and to encourage them that any challenge can be overcome with some positivity and a whole lot of faith.
7. Dogs or cats? Definitely, dogs!
8. What is your most important life goal? That is my ‘Why!”. My why is that if anything ever happened to me, my home would be paid for and my family would be provided for.
9. Favorite flavor of ice cream? My favorite flavor is Moose Tracks but my favorite ice cream treat is the Double Caramel Magnum bar. I am a self-confessed ice cream addict. It’s my favorite food.
10. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are some of the craziest things on your list? Yes, I do have a bucket list. I think the craziest thing on it would be to jump out of an airplane. Although, I recently found out that when you are an amputee, you don’t jump with your prosthetic legs on. Of course, you jump tandem but to not have my legs seems crazy to me. However, it would be horrible if they flew off while I was flying through the air. Apparently, that could happen.
11. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change? I know that the Lord has given us the privilege of choice. However, if I could change one thing, it would be that all of mankind would accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
My nominees with their blog links and Twitter handles are:
1. Everyday She’s Sparkling @EDSSparkling
2. Fluxing Well @fluxingwell
3. Fun Loving RV @rv_fun
4. Lemon Blessings @sarahlbrumley
5. Put the Kettle On @putthekettle_on<a
6. Ruth in Revolt @ruthinrevolt
7.Organizational Toast @OrganizationalT
8. Keeping my Promise, Justin@KeepnmypromiseJ
9. Kelsey Smythe @TheKelseySmythe
10. Little Blog of Positivity @alisonw30
11. Talks with Tay @TalkswithTay_
Questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What inspires you??
3. What is your favorite animal and why?
4. What is one interesting thing about you that people don’t know?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
7. What are your top 5 blogging necessities?
8. If you won 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
9. What are your goals for your blog?
10. What scares you the most?
11. What other talent or skill are you proud of, besides blogging?
I am so thankful to be a part of such a supportive community. Please be sure to check out the other bloggers I mentioned. They’re pretty awesome! Thank you for your love and support. You may be interested in More Blogger Awards, too. As always, I would appreciate it if you subscribed to my newsletter. I promise not to spam. If you haven’t done so yet, follow me on social media. The links are everywhere. 😃. Thanks again.