This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure for further information.
I’ve been given some awards lately by some super amazing bloggers. The first is the Versatile Blogger award which was given to me by 2 people:
Yanitza from www.yanitzaninett.com is a Lifestyle and Portrait Photographer and blogs about her art and her life. Pamela *The Sparkle Momma* from
www.helpmommasparkle.com is a mom who blogs about helping us “sparkle” amidst the chaos in our daily lives.
I also received the Blogger Recognition Award from Jaimi at www.seahorseanddragonfly.com. Jaimi writes a beautiful blog about DIY, Hawaii, Lifestyle and Travel Tips. Thank you ladies, for nominating me for all of these awards.
I really must be doing something right to receive so much love from these gals. I am really appreciative. The support and community we are creating are wonderful and it means the world to me. Check these bloggers out and follow them at their other links below.
Instagram: www.instagram.com/seahorsedragonflyblog Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/seahorseanddragonfly
Let’s start with the Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank the blogger or bloggers who gave you the award and include the link to their blog in your post. You may include as many links to their social media as you would like.
Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Select 15 Blogs/Bloggers that you’ve discovered or follow regularly and put them in your post.
Nominate the 15 Blogs/Bloggers of your choice on Twitter and include their Twitter handles for the Blogs or Bloggers.
7 Things about me:
1. I am a quadruple amputee and I have a bucket list of things that I want to try in my updated body I want to go horseback riding, zip-lining, and whale watching just to name a few.
2. I’ve always been entrepreneurial. I’ve had several successful home-based businesses. With the last company I was with, I built a successful network marketing business but when I got sick, I lost the energy to continue it. I’m still with them, I still use their products which I love and I’m still on the payroll. One of my goals in the next 2 years is to start to rebuild that on a part-time basis.
3. I’m a cancer survivor. In addition to having my hands and feet amputated, I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction. I have a long line of cancer in my family. It’s a nasty disease.
4. Most of you know this about me but my favorite job in the whole wide world is that I am a wife and mother to the best family EVER!!!
5. My first real job was as a bank teller. I worked my way up through the ranks and ended up in mortgage underwriting. That’s where I ended when I went on maternity leave and never went back once the babies started coming. I’m very excited that my daughter, Megan just got a new job as a bank teller. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did
6. When I was a kid, we had horses and ponies and I used to show them in 4-H clubs and at the fair. My first pony, I named Precious. He was awesome. My other favorite was an Appaloosa pony named Saab and to this day, my dream car is a Saab convertible.
7. One of the goals that Mike and I have when we retire is to travel across the country to different churches in our Missionary Baptist faith and spend time hearing some preaching and hanging out with more of Gods people.
Now I want to pass on the LOVE and recognize some awesome Bloggers!
Support is Everything!
The second award is called the Blogger Recognition Award which I was nominated for by Jaimi at www.seahorseanddragonfly.com.
Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you
Write a post to show your award
Give a brief history of how your blog came to be
Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
Select 15 of your fellow bloggers to give this award to
Let them know that you nominated them and provide a link to your post
The history of One Exceptional Life
For the last 7 years, I’ve been thinking about doing something with this situation that I’ve found myself in. People have said, write a book or be a motivational speaker or write a blog. But my reply has always been I can’t write. Or why would anyone want to hear from me? Where do I start? Then I came across a Facebook group that had a 5-day crash course to starting a blog. I figured I would check it out. I started following the steps and on August 21, 2018, One Exceptional Life was a living, breathing thing. The response has been overwhelming. I’m so thankful that I took that first step.
2 pieces of advice for new bloggers
1. It’s easy to get overwhelmed. Blogging is more than just creating a website and writing a blog. You also have to promote that blog if you want anyone to read it. That means you have to get good at social media. I jumped in with both feet at once, which was completely overwhelming. I recommend learning one thing at a time. Don’t make yourself as crazy as I did.
2. Everything is okay! I was disappointed last week because I only put out one blog post instead of two. The world did not end. Nobody complained (well, except me). Blogging is supposed to be fun. When it becomes stressful, you’re doing it wrong. So breathe, take it easy and enjoy the ride.
My 15 fellow bloggers that I give this award to are:
1. Amy www.amyhagerup.com
2. Shyla www.sinceremommy.com
3. Chelsea www.twoofamind.com
4. Terryn www.justasimplehome.com
5. Lisa www.fluxingwell.com
6. Alison www.littleblogofpositivity.com
7. April www.simpleclassiclife.com
8. Mica www.wifeonthebayou.com
9. Becca www.onederfullycreated.com
10. Missy www.missylinkletter.com
11. Christa www.artisticword.com
12. Nikki www.shesavesshetravels.com
13. Greer www.adjustmycrownblog.com
14. Bailey www.thethinplace.net
15. Stacey www.staceypardoe.com
Please go and check everybody out and show them some LOVE!