Articles may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase an item from my links, I may earn affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
All Scripture references come from the King James Version of the Holy Bible (KJV)."
All Scripture references come from the King James Version of the Holy Bible (KJV)."
Do you need encouragement? Are you struggling with a challenge or two in your life? Get ready for 45+ super impressive inspirational quotes for overcoming obstacles to help you conquer what’s problematic in your life.
Why do we like inspirational quotes?
Quotes are everywhere! They are on t-shirts, coffee mugs and wall art. We use them as affirmations to help us get through the day. I use quotes in practically all of my social media. Why? Because my job is to inspire you, and when I start with a quote, it gives me some fuel to start the pep talk that’s coming your way.
Personally, quotes remind me that the challenges that I face in my life can be overcome by someone who has done it before me. Quotes are like motivation to my heart.
When I hear something like, “We fall, we break, we fail, but then…we rise, we heal, we overcome”, I feel like I’ve gotten a shot of B12 in the arm and I’m ready to fight back and I’m capable of anything.
How do quotes help us in our quest to overcome?
In my ebook, Victory Over Affliction: 30 Mindset Challenges to Motivate You, I use a quote for each of the 30 days. From there, I apply that quote to my own life and I share how to take that idea and press on. You will find that this book is a really great resource for you in your quest to overcome whatever challenges you may be facing in your life.
I posed the question, “Why do you love quotes?” In one of my Facebook groups. Alicia Erwin from Live Joyfully Inspired replied, “Quotes for me are reminders. Reminders of who I am in Christ. Reminders of how much He loves me. Quotes can keep me motivated to work out, they can improve my mood as well as let me know that someone else out there has been there. Quotes can encourage, strengthen, give hope, and reassurance. That’s why I love quotes.”
45 Inspirational Quotes for Overcoming Obstacles
- “Be of good cheer. Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.”– Helen Keller
- “As with the butterfly, adversity is necessary to build character in people.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert Kennedy
- “You show me anybody that’s great in anything they do, I’ll show you somebody that’s persevered, demonstrated that mental toughness to overcome some obstacles and adversity.” – Sean McVay
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you’re doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
- “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds.” – Ana Claudia Antunes
- “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1 KJV
- “I don’t run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run towards it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your foot.” – Natalie Comaneci
- “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Rikkie Rogers
- “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
- “Casting all your care upon him; because he careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:7 KJV
- “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” – Haruki Murakami
- “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” – Lou Holtz
- “There is no education like adversity.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
- “I really believe in the old expression that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. It’s through adversity that you find the strength you never knew you had.” – Christie Brinkley
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Some people will just go with the flow of things and sway in life, while others will fight against the currents and go upstream to reach their destiny.” – Anthony Liccione
- “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 KJV
- “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
- “If you are facing a new challenge or being asked to do something that you have never done before don’t be afraid to step out. You have more capability than you think you do but you will never see it unless you place a demand on yourself for more.” – Joyce Meyer
- “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemmingway
- “One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination.” – Christopher Columbus
- “Be strong and of good courage, fear not nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” Deuteronomy 31:6 KJV
- “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” –Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
- “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.” – B. C. Forbes
- “Positive thinking is a valuable tool that can help you overcome obstacles, deal with pain, and reach new goals.” – Amy Morin
- “There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don’t allow yourself to become one of them.” – Ralph Marston Do you need #encouragement? Are you struggling with a challenge or two in your life? Get ready for 45+ super impressive #InspirationalQuotes for #overcomingchallenges to help you conquer what's problematic in your life. Click To Tweet
- “In my life, I don’t have roadblocks and obstacles. I might have something you would call a ‘challenge.’ I throw that out the window, and I call that a wonderful opportunity.” – Frances Hesselbein
- “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV
- “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford
- “I’ve always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you’ve got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish.” – Chuck Norris
- “Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” -Norman Vincent Peale
- “It’s easy to look at the things of this world to solve our challenges and obstacles in life, but when we submit our lives to Christ, His grace, mercy, peace and love will bring true fulfillment to our lives.” – Bethany Hamilton (Amen, Bethany!)
- “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” – Chinese Proverb
- “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Roman’s 8:28 KJV
- “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
- “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me…. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Conquering any difficulty always gives one a secret joy, for it means pushing back a boundary-line and adding to one’s liberty.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “It’s part of life to have obstacles. It’s about overcoming obstacles; that’s the key to happiness.” – Herbie Hancock
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
Favorite inspirational quotes of some of my favorite bloggers
I polled some of my favorite bloggers in my and I asked them what their favorite inspirational quotes are. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Jessie Synan from JessieSynan.com
“My all time favorite is “Nothing has ever occurred to God.” It just reminds me everything is going as planned and I’ve just got to embrace it and find the grace in it.”
Miranda Rejoice New MirandaRejoice.com
“One of my favorites is by Corrie Ten Boom- “However deep the pit, God’s love is deeper still.” I love quotes because they uplift and inspire me when I am down.”
Debra Curto from My Weakness His Strength
“What helps me the most is, my own quote, “Focus on what you can do, not on what you can’t.” Also, “It’s not like God didn’t know this was going to happen”, which is something my mom always says.
Jennifer Cannon from Redemptions Touch
“The one I tell myself when I feel like things are spinning out of control is, ‘The One that controls it all is more powerful than any amount of my worry.'”
Lisa Mitchell from Fluxing Well
“My favorite is ‘God knows exactly the right time to meet every single need I have.'”
Finally, here is a complete list called 25 Encouraging Quotes gathered by Karen Ellis from Warrior Women and Angie Cleary from Resounding His Love has an entire page on her blog dedicated to Bible Verses About… and it’s broken into different categories to choose from.
Overcoming obstacles in life
We all struggle with overcoming obstacles in life. We all have ways in which we cope. I often find that using inspirational quotes for overcoming obstacles gives me a new perspective on my situation. They’re a springboard to helping me get motivated.
It’s so easy to add to your list of inspirational quotes for overcoming obstacles. Simply Google the phrase or seek quotes over on Pinterest. If you want to help others find this fabulous list, be sure to pin it on your favorite Pinterest board and share it on social media.
I would love to hear your favorite inspirational quotes for overcoming obstacles. I’m always collecting quotes so leave your favorites in the comments. You may also be interested in my own posts, 25 Encouraging Quotes that will Motivate You and Do You Need Encouragement: 12 Bible Verses for Inspiration.
I hope you’ve gained some wonderful inspiration by reading through these quotes and Bible verses. Now it’s time to take this adrenaline I’ve given you in my pep talk and go out and overcome the challenges in your life! I believe in you!
Don’t forget to check out my ebook, Victory Over Affliction: 30 Days of Mindset Challenges to Motivate You.