This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure for further information.
There is so much negativity in the world today. There are doubts and fears and reasons to give up. We all can come up with probably a dozen reasons why we shouldn’t pursue our goals. However, there are just as many reasons why we should push on. As I’m writing this, my goal is to inspire and motivate you with some really great encouraging quotes.
Motivate you to do what, you ask?
I aim to motivate you to overcome that obstacle in front of you and push forward. Whether it be an illness, heartache or procrastination, let’s push on. Even if just for today, take one step forward.
I spent seven long years feeling sorry for myself. I no longer had hands. How could I accomplish anything without hands? My favorite things were taking care of our family and our home. One day, I could no longer cook or clean, plant my flowers or decorate our home. That was my job and it was gone. Once I started writing this blog, I found a new way to grow.
One Exceptional Life was born
Since the inception of One Exceptional Life, I started to bloom. This blog and the growth and promotion of it kept me busy. Boy oh boy, have I been busy! It’s been incredible. Now I’m thriving! If you’re stuck, I recommend you start something new. Start writing. Write down your story, things you’re thankful for, write scripture. Write anything.
I should address the elephant in the room, right? Wendy, you don’t have hands. How do you do all this writing? Refer to my blog post Look Ma, No Hands where I showed you my stylus, which is actually how my whole business is run, with my stylus strapped to one arm and my cell phone strapped to the other.
Let’s get to the topic of this post…Encouraging Quotes
I have found 25 really awesome encouraging quotes and biblical verses that will motivate you to accomplish anything that you set your mind to. I have found 25 really awesome encouraging quotes and biblical verses that will motivate you to accomplish anything that you set your mind to. Click To TweetDon’t you feel inspired when you read a quote or verse? I certainly do! However, when you read 25 of them, they set your mind on fire.
The best way to make these encouraging quotes work is to start by reading the quote. Stop and ponder what you’ve just read. Think about making the changes you need to make. Write down your thoughts and what you’ve learned. Move onto the next verse. Lather, rinse, repeat. By the time you’re done with all of these 25 encouraging quotes, you should be ready to set the world on fire. Are you ready? Here we go!
The encouraging quotes you have been waiting for:
1. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9
I started with the Lord because, don’t you include Him in all your plans? If not, you should.
2. Do something today that your future self will thank you for. -Sean Patrick Flanery
3. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
4. Appreciate where you are in your journey. Even if it’s not where you want to be, every season serves a purpose.
5. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
6. Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.
7. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
8. Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly. -Barbara Haines Howett
9. Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22
10. One of the hardest decisions you’ll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder. -Ziad K. Abdelnour
11. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
12. The fact that you aren’t where you want to be should be enough motivation.
13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13
14. If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If it isn’t, you’ll find an excuse. -Ryan Blair
15. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
16. Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value. -Albert Einstein
17. I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Psalm 32:8
18. Sometimes when we think God has written the end, what He really means is the beginning. -Rachel Van Dyken
19. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58
20. God didn’t add another day in your life because you needed it, he added it because someone out there needs you.
21. For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37
22. You are somebody’s reason to smile.
23. The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. Psalm 118:14
24. I hope that you become filled with so much happiness that it heals every part of you.
25. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2
That’s quite a list, isn’t it? It’s interesting to note that when you read an inspirational quote, it’s like a coach cheering you on. In this case, I want you to consider that coach to be me. I believe in you! Teamwork makes the dream work, right?
Since you are already a fan of encouraging quotes, here are some other blog posts that I know you will love.
What are you working on now that has been halted by a stumbling block? I would love to know how I can help you overcome your obstacle? Will you, if just for today, pick one of these encouraging quotes and let it motivate you to move forward to the next step on your journey.
Let’s take one step at a time
Do you need prayers? Feel free to email me at Wendy’s email address. I want you to know that I pray for all of my readers.
If this post has inspired you, won’t you consider subscribing to my email list? When you subscribe, you will find even further inspiration in the freebie you get.
Inspiration Overload is 5 days of inspiration wrapped up into 1 awesome ebook. Each day gives you a motivational quote with my perspective on how that quote can inspire you to have a positive day. So, when you start with one of our quotes of inspiration first thing in the morning, it gives you the inspiration you need to be happy all day long. I challenge you to start your day with Inspiration Overload!
Here is one of the testimonials I’ve received: I have been through Wendy’s daily encouragement and I love it! The daily devotions are so encouraging while being down to earth. She gives us small steps to help us achieve our best day. At the same time, we get to know Wendy and realize she is the most inspiring person who has overcome an unfathomable situation. Sign up today–you will be thankful you did! -Melanie Crowe
If you would like further testimonials head to the Inspiration Overload landing page.